Thursday, January 28, 2010

Giving Feels Good -- Try It!

Well friends, I've been in hiding these days, feeling low and helpless, trying to wrap my head around so much of the sadness and tragedy in the world lately. BUT THEN, I decided that there might be a way to DO SOMETHING and feel nice again. Here are some links to some of the contributions to amazing causes that I've been working on over the past week, and I'm starting to feel a bit better. I hope you can join in on the giving train and help, too! And if you have other causes worth noting that are close to your heart, please post it in comments! Thanks, love & cheers, Liza


In support of my friends Tori and Abby and their efforts to help the people of Haiti, please donate to Compassion Weavers


For my incredible friend Ryan who has been struggling with Spina bifida, and continually gives me strength and light with his optimism, humor and determination, the Reeve Foundation is a great place to support.


And for the love of all creatures great and small, I've sponsored Chong in my brother's name (pictured below). He is a rescued calico guinea pig from the Vegas strip and needs a new home. Now my brother will be sent updates and pictures of this beautiful fluffy creature -- what better way to tell someone you're thinking of them!?! You can find all sorts of animals to support through one of my favorite organizations, Best Friends.


And remember: "A new decade stretches before us. We don't quit. I don't quit. Let's seize this moment -- to start anew, to carry the dream forward, and to strengthen our union once more." -President Barack Obama

1 comment:

Unknown said...

My little guy's doin great! Thanks for the inspiration.